Our privacy and data security practice focuses on prevention and risk counseling, data breach preparation, investigation and response, regulatory compliance, privacy and data security policies and training, and related litigation and dispute resolution. Should a data breach, government investigation or litigation occur, our attorneys are prepared to work with clients to navigate the complex regulatory landscape of today’s digital environment.
We work for you.
In the constantly changing digital landscape, put our experienced attorneys to work on behalf of your evolving business.
We provide counsel and representation in the following areas:
- Anti-cybersquatting, domain name strategies and trademark issues (ACPA, UDRP, URS)
- Data and security breaches
- Document retention requirements, information sharing and information disclosure
- Health care regulations and reporting, including the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Management and employee training regarding data security and privacy requirements and development of applicable policies and procedures
- Internal investigations, permissible monitoring of employees, and background checks
- Government investigations (preparation and response)
- Litigation related to privacy and data security incidents or breaches
- Online copyright and ISP safe harbors under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)
- Contract negotiation involving data security and privacy matters
- Privacy statutes, rules and regulations, including the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), California Online Privacy Protection Act, CAN-SPAM Act, Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Federal Identity Theft Assumption and Deterrence Act (ITADA), Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act (GINA), Electronic Communication and Privacy Act (ECPA), Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS and PA-DSS) and Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Privacy and security provisions for cloud, data center and network infrastructure provider agreements, including the Stored Communications Act (SCA) and the Wiretap and Stored Communications Acts
- Website hosting agreements, terms and conditions of use and privacy policies, as well as clickwrap and browsewrap license agreements